EXCELLING THROUGH AND IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT – THE INPUT FOR THE OUTPUT
When the Queen wanted to introduce Daniel to the King in Dan. 5:10-14, one of the qualities used was an “Excellent spirit” hence we can deduce that Daniel might not have known that what was operational in his life was called spirit of excellence because he never personally referred to it as such.
However, Daniel was wise enough to be consistent in doing what made those qualities and spirit operational in his life. Therefore, there were inputs that made the output in Daniel’s life to be termed “the spirit of excellence”
Let us consider those inputs in Daniel’s life:
- Genuine salvation: John 1:12 there is nothing we can do without receiving Jesus Christ as our personal lord and savior as that is the entry point. Daniel had a prior knowledge of God before coming to Babylon and this was demonstrated in his decisions.
- Consecration and faithfulness: We must stay faithful to the things of God and run away from anything that can defy us, Daniel purposed in his heart, likewise we must be intentional with consecration and faithfulness. Dan. 1:8
- Develop muscle in your personal walk with God as this will give you confidence to stand for your conviction in your faith- Dan. 1:9-12
- Join yourself with godly friends/company that can challenge your faith just like Daniel joined himself with Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. Dan. 2:17-19, Prov. 13:20
- When little manifestation of excellence happens remember to give all the glory to God intentionally, don’t carry shoulder as if you have arrived. Dan. 2:19-23,30
- Do not allow gifts and material prosperity to corrupt you. Dan. 2:48-49, 5:17
- Have a regular and consistent personal prayer time and place – Dan. 6:10
- Do not give up in the place of prayer and fasting, travail until you bring forth purpose. Dan. 10:12-13, Gal. 4:19
We can learn all the principles of Daniel and never be able to replicate the output hence we need the power of the Holy Spirit because:
- He helps our infirmities not only in prayers. Rom. 8:26
- He brings and breathes the supernatural into our activities as you engage Him. 1 Cor 2:4
In conclusion, if these things be in us and abound then people will describe the output of our lives as excellence.