MY PROPHETIC MONTH
A prophecy is a prediction or an utterance from a prophet inspired by God, while to prophesy is to predict something or to utter something inspired by God; to make inspired declarations of what is to come; to speak as mediator between God & humankind. It means to proclaim, to summon, to declare, to mention & to call things that are not as though they are.
God acted as the 1st Prophet by decreeing light to be and it was. Genesis 1:3. And God did say that I shall also decree a thing and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways (Job 22:28).
Prophecy is speaking the WORD of God as led by the SPIRIT of God in FAITH that it is done.
To see the way God sees and speak in Faith with the understanding and spiritual insight that God demands, the following must be evident:
- Relationship with God and His Word. Ezekiel 37:1-9.
- Fellowship with His Spirit
- 2 Peter 1:21: For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- Just a little faith will do.
- Hebrews 11:3. Through Faith the world was formed and through faith we understand its framing by the WORD
- Romans 12:6: Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
WHAT SPIRIT MOVES YOUR DECLARATION
- Spirit of Fear or Faith. 1 Samuel 17:1-28 David and the servants of Saul
- Spirit of God or Lust. 2 Samuel 13. Amnon and Tamar Infatuation & lusting
- Spirit of Alcohol or Soberness. Genesis 19:1-33
- Spirit of Anger or Love
- Proverbs 18:21: Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
- Matthew 7:7-12: Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Pastor Jide Oyetuga