Learning & Growth Portal
- Establish your budget
- Track your spending
- Save money automatically: set up your bank account to automatically transfer funds from your main account into savings account every month
- Reduce energy costs: fix leaky pipes, install dimmer switches and LED lightbulbs
- Check your insurance rates
- Check different companies for rate comparison
- Pack lunch to work/school, eat at home
- Lower your cell phone bill: Get rid of extras like costly data plans. Shop different providers for best rate
- Try staycation
Snowmelt can cause basement flooding, moisture problems, foundation leak, and foundation cracks. One of the things you can do to protect your home from flooding is;
Keep water from snowmelt draining away from your home and foundation. Don’t pile snow near or against your home.
Click on the link below for more information:
Use the below spreadsheet to get an idea of mortgage and home ownership expenses.
Typically, March of each year is the deadline for contributing to an RRSP for the previous tax year. Remember to check the CRA website for the exact deadline date to make your RRSP contributions. Also, check your contribution room to make sure you do not go over the limit.
Need more information regarding RRSP, click the link below for more information.
April of each year is the due date for filing your income tax and benefit return and paying any related balance due for the previous tax year. File your tax return before the due date to avoid late-filing penalties.
For more information, click the link below.
Personal income tax – Canada.ca
Determine your tax obligations and whether you need to file a tax return using the link below.
Your tax obligations – Canada.ca
Check out great zoom webinars using the links below.
Follow the link below for valuable information about Saskatchewan winter: