RECREATED AND BLESSED TO FLY IN CHRIST
Welcome to the second Sunday in 2021. This month is our month of recreated and blessed to fly in the New Year. Let us get ready to soar. Isaiah 40:31 reads: but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. So let us get ready to fly high in the New year. On New Year's eve, I shared the story of two men (Matthew 20:29-34) who struggled to walk around due to blindness but suddenly received the grace to run unaided on encountering Jesus. This morning, I will expatiate on the six crucial things I mentioned, based on this story, which requires our attention as we desire to soar high in the New Year.
- We must not be envious of sinners who prosper in their own ways but must put our focus and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ while letting go of our doubts– Ps 37:1-7.
- We must take only the steps that will move us closer to Jesus in the New Year – The blind men moved close to Jesus, Mary Magdalene bulldozed her way through the crowd – James 4:8
- We must cry unto the Lord incessantly with faith and humility concerning our expectations in the New Year. These two men cried out for Mercy – James 5:1-8, Isaiah 65:24.
- We must be specific when we cry to God concerning those expectations; we must be specific – Jesus asked the blind men: what do you want me to do for you? – Luke 18:3, Jer 33:3
- We must refuse to be distracted or stopped by the crowd, adversaries, opposition, obstacles, or previous experience. The crowd tried to distract these two blind men, but they focused on Jesus and ignored the crowd. Matt 20:31
- We must be determined to follow Christ continuously – The blind men followed Christ as soon as the first expectation was met. That was the road map for them to soar even higher in high Christ.
Let us spread our wings in total dependence on God and soar to higher grounds in the New Year. Have a blessed Sunday