UNDERSTANDING PRAISE FROM WITHIN
Blessed be the name of the Lord who has spoken to us in diverse ways through the gift of men. We will be looking at Understanding Praise from Within in this discussion.
Praise from within implies:
- It is rooted in the heart – Matthew 15:7-9.
- It is independent on any external factor, conditions, feelings (1 Thess 5:18, Philippians 4:10-13), praise is reciprocating God’s expression of love. It originates at the realm of the Spirit.
- It is praise without border or limitation (Psl 34:1, Psl 145), it is the will of the Father (1 Thess 5:18)
- Born out of deep understanding of God, His Character and Deity, not praising God for what we can get from Him but who God is – John 4:21-24
- High praise of God, it incapacitates, and crushes all opposition, because praise put God in charge – Psl 149:6-9, 2 Chro 20:21-23, Josh 6:4, Judges 20:18,
- It brings fullness of joy because praise secure divine presence – Psl 22:3, Psl 16:11 & Psl 114
- It is a chain broken act – Act 16:25
- It is an altar to God – Gen 8:20, Gen 12:7, Gen 13:4, John 4:14,21-24. God is always looking for worshipper first before worship.
Dynamics of Praise from Within
- Praise as a Way – Until praise become our way of life, we do not have life of God in us (Psl 150:6), a life worthy of God’s praise and well pleasing to God (Job 1:8, Act 13:22, Luk 3:22). This is the very essence of our creation (Isa 43:7,21) and redemption (1 Pet 2:9). Heart free from offences, pride, disobedience, carnality etc.
- Praise as an Act – Practical demonstration of the God’s praise in songs, dancing, instrumentation, and leaping for joy – Psl 150, 2 Sam 6:14-16,22.
Consecration of Praise from Within
- Saved and Sanctified heart/life – 2 Chro 5:11-12, Psl 223a, Josh 6:18. Praise waited for God in Zion (Psl 65:1) and Zion is assembly of the redeemed (saved)- Isa 51:11, Isa 35:10.
- Inspired by the Spirit – 2 Chro 20:14, 1 Cor 14:15, Job 32:8
Pastor Reuben Adeleye